Moritzburg - Schloss Moritsburg
The Castle at Moritzburg is situated on a small island in a lake, built by August the Strong, between 1726 and 1736. It is located close to the city of Dresden.
It was built from 1542Ð1546 as a hunting lodge for Duke Moritz of Saxony. The chapel was added between 1661 and after designs by Wolf Caspar von Klengels and is a fine example of the early Baroque style. Between 1723 and 1733, the castle was remodelled as a pleasure seat with formal park for Augustus II the Strong, elector of Saxony and king of Poland by the architects MatthŠus Daniel Pšppelmann and Longeloune.