Hunstanton - The Old Lighthouse
Old Hunstanton Lighthouse is located in Old Hunstanton in the English county of Norfolk. The present lighthouse was built in 1840 although there has been a Lighthouse on the site since 1665. This first lighthouse was built of wood with an iron basket of burning coals as a light. Hunstanton lighthouse had the world's first parabolic reflector which was built here in 1776. The present lighthouse ceased operations in 1922, since when it has been a private residence and a Holiday Let.